February 23, 2013

New Challenges in 2013....

Okay...I've definitely let this blog "go" for way too long.  I hadn't even thought about picking things back up until I received a few comments from people who were actually reading it....who knew?  A lot of things have happened since my last post...finished 7th in the 40-44 AG at Nationals in Burlington, competed at 70.3 Championships in Vegas and went 9:24 at IM Florida.  But, the biggest "happening" occurred close to 4 weeks ago when my daughter, Hannah, was born. 




So, right now I'm just trying to juggle life....and fit training in where I can.  I am signed up for some races in 2013, including Ironman Mt. Tremblant in August....at my wife's urging.  The next several months should be interesting to see how things play out with training for an ironman with a newborn at home.  This will probably be my last ironman season for some time...as I don't want to be out on 5 hour rides every weekend while my daughter grows up.  So, I'm planning on buckling down and giving this season a very dedicated effort. I will also write some followup posts about my sports hernia, which I'm sure most want to hear about.  It seems to be healed....although I have had a few "scares" over the past year or so.   Again, I promise to keep this updated the best I can for 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment