August 2, 2011

My A Race

Okay, so I'm back training.  I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to race this season at all.....but I have signed up for a couple of races.  I told myself that I wouldn't race unless I could be respectable on the run.  Whether I am respectable or not...that's still up for debate.  I still have much work to do.  I'm up to 10 miles....in the mid 7s.  I need a couple more long run....and some quality runs.  Why long runs?  Oh....because I signed up for a half ironman on Labor Day!  I'm doing the Big George Half in Lake George.  I just needed something to work towards.  I'm also signed up for the Cranberry Sprint the week before.  My ego expects me to do pretty well at the half.....but my head is trying to lower my expectations.  I guess we'll see who wins this battle of wills:)  One month to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment