April 11, 2010

Boston Marathon Time

No, I'm not running it.  But, I do love the marathon.  It sort of marks the real start of the New England race season (which I don't feel ready for).  It's also an opportunity to check out the Expo...and see all of the new products that the companies bring out....especially new shoe models.  This year I have some racers staying w/me.  My friend Harry is running for the first time after qualifying in the Fall.  I think he's looking to break 3 hours.  My parents are also coming up.  My 67 year old dad is running his 6th Boston (I think it's six).  He kills me....he always goes into his marathon training expecting to PR!  That said, he did PR at age 56 at the Disney Marathon....going 3:12.  You wonder where "I" get it......well....there it is:-)  Like father like son!

I had planned to race Wrentham Du next weekend....but w/the marathon and the guests....and Jenn heading to China tomorrow....I decided it was just too much.  Besides, I could really use the weekend for training.  So far I've been exclusively riding the road bike outside.  But, assuming the weather cooperates, I think it's time to break out the TT rig next weekend.  Now that Wrentham is out...the first scheduled race is only a few weeks away (Season Opener....Hopkinton).

-PD

No comments:

Post a Comment