April 26, 2010

The New Fit

Well, I finally took the TT bike out for a spin.  It was essentially my first ride outside since overhauling it this past fall.  The upgrades included an SRM compact crank, a new cockpit (Bontrager integrated bar), and a new fit by Dean Philips at Fitwerx.  I was getting a bit concerned because I just wasn't feeling great on the trainer.  But, as I should have realized....trainer fit does not equal outdoor fit.  Anyway, my first ride was only 2 hours.  But, it included 4x 10 minutes  at race pace.  It went well and was able to stay in the bars for most of the ride (and all of the intervals).  I'm looking forward to getting out there again.  Hopefully the weather will continue to improve!

Last night I also spent some time on the phone w/my coach.  We went over the upcoming weeks.  I've been getting concerned that I haven't been doing enough volume..especially on the bike (we've been focusing on quality).  Anyway, that's about to change.  The big weeks...they are a comin'!

Finally, Jenn gets back from China tonight.  It will be nice to have her back...for many reasons.  Selfishly, one of the reasons is that she takes so much off my plate at home for training.  I'm going to need that looking at the schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment