August 2, 2010

How I enjoyed my one week of Summer....

So, it's been a week since IMLP....and I haven't done one thing physically....really.  We got home last Tuesday and it literally took me until the weekend to fully unpack.  One of the cons to having a good race is the endorphin crash that inevitably comes a few days later.  It's like a hangover....and it takes a few days to recover.  This past weekend, Jenn and I took our dog Billie out to Great Brook Farm in Carlisle for a walk/hike through the woods.  It was fun.  We spent about 2 hours out there.  Even on an ez hike, all of the aches and pains from IM started surfacing.  So, it was good that last week was all rest.  My coach prescribed exactly that.  This week we'll start to get into training again...but it will be a slow start.  For me, the bigger thing is nailing my nutrition for the next 2 months.  I was at my lightest in 8-9 years when I raced IMLP.  I'd actually like to be a bit under that for IMH in October.  Jenn and I are really going to focus on buying the right foods.  We always eat healthy...but for the next 2 months...we're going to eat like we're on a mission...which we are.  Yesterday we finalized our travel plans to Hawaii.  I'm pretty excited.  We're staying for a little over a week in Kona for the race, as we always do.  But, this year we're flying to Oahu for 4 nights and staying on the North Shore.  I've always wanted to see Sunset Beach, Waimea Bay, and Pipeline.  It will be a nice way to relax and unwind after a day of suffering in the lava fields.  Okay....resume training....Now!

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment