August 12, 2010

Slow and steady.

I'm now approaching 3 weeks post IMLP....and the legs are still a bit lethargic.  I've gotten a couple of runs in.  All have gone well, time wise....but my legs have been sore after.  I did get a decent ride in last weekend.  It was only 1:45, but I had some intensity in there....and it felt decent.  Next week the volume starts back up.  I'm scheduled to head up to Gilford, NH to do some training and watch teammates and friends race the Timberman sprint and half iron races.  I'm camping...which should be interesting (if you don't know this about me yet, I'm pretty much a hotel snob...I like my accomodations!).  I'm also going to meet up w/my coach who's also racing the 70.3 race.  It should be fun.

The one thing I have been doing is getting some open water swimming in....w/out the wetsuit.  I've been meeting on Wednesday mornings to swim at Mystic Lake in Arlington....and I got a pretty good long swim there last Sunday (over 60 minutes solo).  This coming weekend I'll be getting a lot of swimming in.  I'm heading to my hometown of Cape May tomorrow to visit w/family and friends, and do the 555 charity event/race.  It's a grassroots event.  5 mile ocean swim (fast w/current); 5 mile beach cruiser bike; 5 mile run.....all to raise money for cancer research.  It's basically a bunch of locals, ex lifeguards, and some invited guests getting together for the event and some post race festivities.  I did it last year and it was a blast.  I will, however, be wearing a wetsuit!   It's way too long to be in the water w/out one.

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment