September 15, 2008

It was a training run

Okay, so I kept up my bargain on Sunday. I ran the Nahant 30k like a training run. It was raining pretty hard off and on before the race and it was very humid. I quickly got into a comfortable 6:40 pace (although I probably peppered a couple faster miles in there). I had originally planned to go out easier and then progressively get faster. I scrapped that plan and just decided to keep the pace at 6:40ish pace. This race was much hillier than I expected...it was a tough course. I had to keep my ego in check a few times as people passed me. I made the decision to push the last 5 miles. So, at mile 13 I pulled off my rain/sweat soaked shirt (that felt like 2 pounds) and pushed. I felt pretty good. Although I probably pushed a little too hard, a little too soon. The last couple of miles I was feeling it. I caught a few people in front of me and finished 16th at 2:03:39 (6:38 pace). Solid training day.

No comments:

Post a Comment