September 19, 2008

Typical New England Summer!!!

Okay, there's a day or two left until the Summer officially ends. In typical New England fashion, it was in the 50's today. Although, it didn't really feel that cold. I left work a little early to get in an open water swim w/a couple of friends. Since I can't wear a wetsuit in Hawaii, I don't train with one. My friends wore theirs. We swam 2x 1 mile loops. The first loop wasn't that bad...but it was a little chilly. I definitely got colder on the second loop. However, the cold didn't really hit me until I got out of the water. I definitely had some mild hypothermia. I drove home with the hood of my sweatshirt over my head and the heat blaring. I couldn't feel the tips of my fingers and my right heel was numb. Fortunately a 20 minute hot shower brings back the feeling to all the extremities! Ahhh....one of the many perks of ironman training. Can't wait for that 5-6 hour bike ride tomorrow;)

No comments:

Post a Comment