September 14, 2008

Nahant 30K....It's only a training run.


I writing this as I get ready to head to Nahant, Massachusetts for a 30K road race (approx. 18.5 miles). After putting my body through the meat grinder a couple of weeks ago during a 25k race, I've decided to just use this as a training run...no racing flats, no racing clothes, no racing mentality. The last one is the hardest to shake. I like to race...and can definitely get caught up in the moment. However, I'm tired and it's showing. I'm having some trouble sleeping (definite sign of overtraining). And, yesterday was a 114 mile ride....so the legs are already fatigued. So, today's gameplan is to break the run into blocks of 4-5 miles....and progressively get faster. I hope to run about 6:30 pace by the end. Hopefully I can execute this plan. I have to keep reminding myself...."it's only a training run"!

No comments:

Post a Comment