September 26, 2008

Realty Sets In!

Okay, so the bib numbers for the race are posted. Yours truly is number 1176. As I began to peruse the start list, something dawned on me....the creme de la creme will be at this race. Now, how do I put this so as not to sound arrogant...I'm used to finishing pretty close to the front of the race. I usually place very high in my age group. But, there's a good chance (make that a very good chance) that I'm not going to be anywhere near the front of my age group. Hawaii will be a combination of all of the top age groupers from all of the qualifying races around the world. I hadn't really thought about this before. Even with a great race, I may not crack the top 25 of my age group, let alone the amateur race. Very humbling!

That got me to further thinking....although I want to have a great day out there (and a great race), I'm going to enjoy it, no matter what the day throws at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment