May 1, 2010

Post Ride Random Thoughts...

Today was a three hour solo effort w/a 20 minute transition run.  Here are my random thoughts of the ride....

1.  I like riding alone (sometimes)....when it's less than 3 hours.  Anything more than that and I start talking to myself too much:)

2.  I still can't figure out why a big dumptruck feels the need to pass me on the curvy part of a back road when I'm riding 28-29 mph and the speed limit is 25.  To make matters worse, the passenger side wheels were well over the white line.

3.  Had Chris Cornell's Scream album in my head the whole ride.  No, I don't listen to music when I ride...not even in one ear.....it's dangerous.  See above.

4.  I'm really feeling my new TT position.  I like it.  However, it's a good thing that my rides are progessively increasing in length.  Because I think I'd be in trouble if I just went out for 4-5 hours without getting used to it.

5.  Saw some teammates toward the end of my ride.  I would have ridden with them for a bit....but I wanted to finish up and get my run done.  Always good to see familiar faces out on the road.

6.  It wouldn't be a ride without the random roadie deciding to hook onto my wheel for a bit. 

Okay...back to watching the Flyers game.  Already down 2 goals.  Come on Flyers!  And, back to following coverage of St. George IM.  One more week to my first tri of the season....

No comments:

Post a Comment