May 12, 2010

Random (non-triathlon) Thought of the day...

So, we recently traded in my old Ford Explorer for a newer, pre-owned SUV.  Yes, I know....with oil and gas prices, why an SUV?  I like the space.  It's nice to be able to carry 2 bikes inside the car.  Anyway...that's not the point here.  The point is...I'm an attorney and you'd think that would make me the negotiator of the family.  Not True.  Jenn is the negotiator.  It's pretty damn funny walking into a dealership and watching these guys look bewildered when she gets a hold of them.  They don't know what to do.  She's very unassuming, until she opens her mouth.  I can see it in the salemen's eyes....as they look over at me thinking...."can I deal with you instead of her."  I almost (almost), feel bad.  But , I literally just sit there with my mouth shut and let her do all of the talking (she has typically done a bunch of research too....so she knows what she's talking about).  Anyway....I guess there's no real point here other than to hold in awe my wife's bargaining skills....and to ponder what the good ole' boys club is saying when she leaves the dealership!

No comments:

Post a Comment