September 29, 2009

Man I hate the gym....

I've been going to my local Boston Sports Club recently to get in a few swims and, more recently, use the sauna to get acclimated to the heat I'll encounter in Kona. There's just something that repulses me about the gym. It could be locker rooms...but more likely it's the meatheads and meathead wannabe's...I don't know. All I know is that I hate being there. Funny thing is that I used to be "one of those guys"...jacking up as much weight as I could. Man how times have changed. Rant over....

It's tuesday, and I'm about quarter of the way packed. I cannot believe that I'm leaving on Saturday. I do not feel ready from a logistic standpoint. One good thing is that I'm very close to my race weight from last year. I've been eating very light over the past couple of weeks...to get the weight down. It's killing me right now. But, I'll benefit on race day. Any excess pounds that I can shed before race day will help over the 26 miles of the marathon. If this post seems a bit all over the place, that's because I'm light headed from only eating salad for dinner! I'll post later when my blood sugar levels are back up;)

No comments:

Post a Comment