September 24, 2009

T-minus 8 days....

Okay, only 8 days until we head out of town....and I'm officially beginning to get frazzled. For anyone that has flown to a triathlon, particularly an ironman, getting ready to leave can be a nervewracking thing. There's so much to get ready...bike, clothes, nutrition, etc. Fortunately, Jenn is back from China. She usually calms me down and coordinates much of the last minute stuff.

That said, I've also officially started my taper. Although, I feel like you have to have something to taper from! This has not been a stellar training year for me. So, it's not like lifted weight I've felt in past years. However, I did get some decent training in the last few weeks. My running form is really coming around. I managed to run 21 miles last weekend in just a tick under 7:00 minute per mile pace....without really pushing it. In fact, my HR didn't go above 140 for the first 14 or so miles....and I felt great. That was my longest run since Kona last year. This weekend things shorten up a bit (with a little more quality). Next week I have a stint with the sauna as I get acclimated to the heat. I'm just looking foward to getting over there!

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment