September 20, 2009

Random Thoughts....

I'm sitting here at my computer browsing the internet as I get ready for my last long run before Kona. I was reading through some posts on Slowtwitch (Tri Forum) (and there are never a lack of posts on this topic) about how someone got divorced because of thier commitment to triathlon, or how their family isn't supportive...you get the picture. This makes me realize how lucky I am to have a wife who does support me. This is a woman who spent 3 separate "vacations" in Panama City Beach, Florida (the "Redneck Riviera") so I could race Ironman Florida....and never a complaint (although she did tell me she wasn't going back:)). This is a woman who waited 5 years to visit Hawaii, because I told her I wouldn't go until I qualified to race in Kona. This is a woman who schedules her social life around my workout schedule. Jenn is not only my wife and best friend, she's my training partner. Without her, I never would have gotten where I am. Nowadays she is travelling quite a bit for work. She's currently in China. When I tell people this, the response I get is "well, at least you get to train as much as you want"....and my response is..."I do that anyway". Only now, I get to do all of the "other" things around the house, while she is gone...."things" I'm not so good at anymore! I stopped by the grocery store last night to grab some things....it was my third trip this week and I probably need to go again! I'm not sure when I became "that guy" who can't shop. Perhaps it was the dehyration from my previous 6 hour workout...but more likely the fact that I rely on Jenn to do these things for me. I'll be happy to have her home next week. I mean...who's going to help me pack my things for Hawaii:) Okay...only 21 miles to go....

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment