September 18, 2010

Feeling "IT"!

I'm definitely feeling "IT" these days.  Last weekend completely crushed me....and I've been doing my best to get through the week from a physical and mental standpoint.  My split run on Sunday (1:15/:60) took a toll on my right knee.  I had to bail on my Tuesday run, but was able to get my Thursday run in (in the pouring rain, I might add).  Mentally, I'm just ready to get into the taper and a better mindset to race.  Right now I just want to get this friggin' thing over with.  However, I think I have another good race in me this season, if I can get in the right mindset, taper well, and get back to feeling "dialed in" on the bike.  Today is the last big ride (next week is 3 hours)....5 hours and a 40 minute transition run.  I'm really hoping to get that "feel" back on the bike today....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment