September 24, 2010

Whew! Please get me through this next week!

Okay, one more week of work...and it's really worrying me.  Work has just been consuming me lately.  If I'm not working, I'm stressing about it.  It has really been affecting my workouts (or causing me to miss them).  Fortunately the taper started...so all the hard work is already done.  Now, I just need to get through the next week of work and hope nothing blows up at the office while I'm gone.  I do, however, need to start thinking about the race and my trip, which begins next Saturday.  I'm no where near ready to go or mentally prepared to race.  People sometimes wonder why athletes leave for IM races so early before the race....it's to get away from the normal distractions so we can concentrate on the task ahead.  Some may say, well its only a race....but I say, yes it's ONLY a race, but it's THE race I've trained for since last November!!!!
This weekend is all about the final workouts, and getting mentally and physically ready to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment