September 2, 2010

Random thoughts before Earl...

Well, I thought I'd post some random thoughts today, just in case Hurricane Earl takes a quick left and wipes out Eastern Massachusetts.  Random Thought #1:  We have three ipod shuffles....and none of them seem to work. Or, if they do, it's for like 30 minutes.  There is nothing more challenging than starting a run with tunes....and then losing said tunes. Random Thought #2: Quite often I run on the Minuteman Bike Path  in Arlington.  Now, mind you, it's called a "bike path", but if you're a serious cyclist you shouldn't be on it....or you shouldn't be on it riding 25mph...or in your aerobars...especially when it's a nice day and very crowded.  Nothing pisses me off more than having some fly by on a bike veering in and out of people.  It's a recipe for disaster.  Hit the roads like a real cyclist (rant over).  Random Thought #3:  I've been running in pain for the better part of 3 months now with patellar tendonits in the knees.  It's not fun.  I'll be happy to give my knees some rest after IM.  Be kind Earl!

No comments:

Post a Comment