October 4, 2010

Day One

Well, day one is just about in the books.  Other than a complete lack of sleep, it was pretty uneventful.  As I mentioned in my last post, I was up at 3am. I wound up doing my planned 45 minute run around 6:30am.  Lots of people out on Alii Drive.  The run went okay.  I felt decent, all things considered.  I just did an out and back. On my way back I rolled up on a guy running in full Scott gear.  Not sure if he was a pro or not, but he wasn't happy w/me passing him.  He hung on my shoulder after my pass....which was towards the end of my run.  I did one up tempo effort of about 60 seconds and that was all she wrote.  I was completely dead after that.  I'll attribute that to my lack of sleep....hopefully:)  All in all, around 7:00-7:10 pace for approx. 7 miles.  Jenn and I headed down to "Dig Me" beach so I could get in a quick swim.  A swim wasn't on my plan, but I wanted to jump in for a very, very short swim, just to loosen up...not to mention, it's awesome to swim in the harbor (a virtual aquarium).  On our way down we got passed by Heather Fuhr and Chris Legh doing a cooldown run.  We also saw a bunch of pros down by the swim venue.  I also ran into Psycho team member, Roger Little.  We always seem to run into him at races.  He invited us to go marlin fishing on Thursday...but I had to pass.  Thursday is a little too close to the race for me.  God forbid I get motion sickness.  He may try to go on Wednesday instead.  If he does, I'm IN!  After the quick swim, we made our way back to the condo, w/a ritual stop at Lava Java.  The place was buzzing, as usual.  Much like last year, Scott Bikes must have a deal w/Lava Java to set up a showroom in and around the place.  It's pretty damn cool.  I spent the rest of the day watching football and trying to relax.  I'm picking up Tim Tapply from the airport in an hour or so.  He and his wife are staying with us (although his wife doesn't get in until Wednesday).  We didn't get too many pictures today.  But, we did get a good one of the sun setting last night (after a few hours of rain):

I'll leave you with a shot from our lanai:

Until tomorrow.

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment