October 6, 2010

Day Three

Day three is in the books.  It was a busy day that started with another open water swim.  Today the floating espresso bar was set up, so I stopped on the way back in for a coffee.  Nothing like finishing a swim with a coffee.


After the swim we spotted some strange guy wading into the water in full garb.  He looked like he was chanting something.  I think he spotted me snapping his photo.  Nothing like a photo-op!

  I hit up the ART tent for another round of treatment after the swim.  I got registration out of the way....#1206.  And, finally, I picked up my Blue Seventy PTZ3 suit for the swim.  Whew...and that was all before 10:30.  I topped off the tank and took my bike out for a quick 40 minute swim.  I immediately had some mechanical issues...but my personal mechanic, Brian Hughes, had them ironed out quickly.  Let me say this...it is freakin' hot here.  Real hot.  I don't care what the news and papers say....they're saying 84-85....it's closer to 100 with the humidity.  Saturday should be fun!

Tonight we hit the ironman parade and the expo.  We ran into the Infinit guys who we're giving out t-shirts to the US athletes during the parade.

The expo was a zoo.  Lot's of cool vendors set up....Zipp, Scott, Kestrel...a virtual who's who of the triathlon industry.  We did all we could just to get through the masses.  If you're wondering what the difference is between an ironman and THE ironman in Kona....well, you typically don't get a full-on DJ spinning at LP....like you do in Kona!

No comments:

Post a Comment