October 5, 2010

Day Two

Up at 4am today.  At least it was a half hour later than yesterday!  Tapply and I headed down to "Dig Me" beach around 7am.  The place was definitely busier than yesterday.  I swam for about 40 or so minutes.  I felt good for about 20.  My body is still fatigued from lack of sleep.  I did see a manta ray for the first time.  Afterwards, Brian Hughes came by our condo and put our bikes together.  I was happy to see that it was in one piece out of the bike box.  Tim and I were going to go for a short ride, but all of us decided to head out for an exploration drive instead.  We headed toward Captain Cook and saw some amazing views.


Our first stop was St. Benedict's "painted church".  I've been wanting to stop by here for a while.  It was pretty neat.


 We then stopped by a Hawaiian state park (I can't even begin to pronounce the name).  The park had a tour of the ancient Hawaiian culture.  We then headed back into the hills of Kona and stopped by Greenwell Coffee Farm to order some peaberry coffee to be shipped back to Boston.  The stuff is awesome!  After a quick rest, Jenn and I headed out to dinner for our anniversary (7th).  We went to a place called Huggos.  The food was okay, but the view was awesome.  If you ever wonder why Kona is such a special place, here's why:



 -P

No comments:

Post a Comment