October 8, 2008

Day Two


Day 2 started with an early swim. I got up at 5am and got in the water around 6am, so I could get my swim in before our helicopter tour. At 6, there's not too many athletes swimming. I was definitely a little uneasy swimming out there by myself. But, by the time I was exiting the water, it was pretty crowded.


Our helicopter tour was an experience...literally. It was one of the best and worst experiences I've had. The views and sights were unbelievable. But, around halfway through the 90 minute trip, I was green. Thank God I did this early in the week.


As with Day 1, I sighted many athletes today. I saw Craig Alexander and Simon Lessing at the swim. While I was doing a training run, Desire Ficker ran by me in the opposite direction and I passed Kate Major (although she kept right on my heels). I also saw Natasha Badman out on my run. Later, while Jenn and I were heading to dinner, Macca passed us w/a stroller....so did Paula NF and Heather Fuhr. After dinner, we ran into Jen, Dave and Laura....while we stopped at the Specialized table where Macca, Terrenzo Bozzone, TJ Tolakson and Peter Reid were signing posters. We got a good group picture with them. I was going to post that today, until, of course, I got to meet Mark Allen. While walking through the athlete village I spotted him and took a couple of photos while he was talking with someone. He must have spotted me being all "paparazi like" and waved at me. At that point I figured the jig was up...so I walked over and said hello....and Jenn snapped this shot.


Tomorrow's schedule calls for a morning swim w/Matt and Jen. Then I'm heading out to Hawi to ride the turnaround. More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment