October 3, 2008

So, this is how a rabbit feels

Overall, I'm a healthy eater. Everything in moderation. However, I decided that I would try to get a little leaner for Hawaii. So, towards the end of August I started to buckle down with my diet: I started eating more salads w/protein at dinner; cutting out bread with dinner; more protein and less carbs throughout the day...however, never depriving myself of needed calories. And, occasionally I would still "treat" myself to some indulgences. But, as race day approaches I've become a little more strict w/my diet....especially during the taper period. It seems to be working. When my season started...way back in March (California 70.3), I was weighing around 160-162 (based on my scale). At Timberman in mid August, I was around my "normal" race weight of 157. This morning, I was weighing a svelt 152.8...which is as light as I've been in about 7 years. Here's what dinner looked like tonight:

Spinach salad
alphalfa sprouts
brocolini
advocado
grape tomatoes
red peppers
shreaded carrots
sliced beef tenderloin (last portion of red meat before the race)
olive oil
sea salt

It's pretty damn good...and pretty filling. However, I can't wait to dive into a burger and a beer (make that plural)!

No comments:

Post a Comment