July 24, 2010

Almost Race Day

Okay, so I'm here in Lake Placid (LP), and have been since Wednesday, but I haven't really been posting because our service here is so bad.  Anyway, race day is tomorrow...and other than a bit lacking in sleep, I'm ready to go....I just hope my bike is!  Yesterday, while my friend, Pat Wheeler, was doing a quick adjustment on my bike, he realized that the derailer hanger is cracked....ie., my bike frame.  He doesn't think this will be an issue tomorrow, but obviously it's on the back of my mind.

As much as I'm trying to stay relaxed, I'm a barrel of stress right now.  I can physically feel it (thus the lack of sleep).  I'm just going to try to stay as relaxed as possible through tomorrow morning.....then I get to battle the demons that this race course threw at me in 2006.  The one thing I'm not looking forward to tomorrow is the swim.  It's going to be a complete battlefield.  There are 3000 people registered for this race...and it's a mass swim start.  I'm going to need to go out fast.

Well....that's all for now.  I'll post a race report following the race.  Now I get to head out to eat a breakfast for 3.....this is my biggest meal of the day.  If you want to follow me tomorrow, you can go to www.ironman.com and go to athlete tracking.   My number is 899.

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment