July 28, 2010

Mission Accomplished

I plan to write a much longer race report....which I'll post in a few days, but here's the low down:  I had a solid day out there.  I kept to my power and heart rate numbers all day.   I had to overcome a few hurdles out there....both mechanical and physical.  I came off the bike in 10th place in my age group and ran myself into 3rd place with a 3:07 marathon (my IM PR).  I finished 21st overall and 8th overall amateur.  It's kind of funny...going into the race I figured (hoped) that my friend Tim Tapply, who I shared accomodations with, my friend/teammate Matt Pokress, and I would all be battling for age group podium spots.....and we did.  Tim finished first, I finished third and Matt finished fourth.  Not too shabby that three Boston guys took 3 of the 5 podium spots.  Not too mention, all three of us are heading to Kona in October.

Like I said, longer race report to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment