July 20, 2010

Finally....I get to transform from attorney to full time athlete!

The last week or two have been stressful....trying to get physically ready to race Lake Placid, while trying to prepare to leave my office for a week.  Well, I finally punched out today....and will leave the fate of my firm in the capable hands of those I employ!  Now I get to put my full focus on LP....my seventh ironman.  Two weeks ago I was ready to roll...but now...I'm just hoping to run.  Sunday I had an ez run scheduled...so I decided to save the legs and do it on the soft surface of the Battle Road in Concord.  I was running very ez...but about halfway in, I felt a tweak in the right calf muscle.  It was slight...but it was there.  Now it's really got me nervous.  I've been icing, and massaging....and today I saw my fantastic chiropractor, Peter McManus, who did some Graston and ultrasound on it.  All I can do is keep my fingers crossed. 

Anyway, at this point, I'm just about packed up and ready to go.  I leave early tomorrow morning....solo.  Jenn isn't coming up until Thursday night.  I'm eager to get up there....just to shift focus away from my everyday stresses.  I've been a little neglectful posting recently...but I'll try to do a better job once I'm up there.

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment