June 9, 2010

Four days until Eagleman...

Well, my first "A" race is almost here.  Actually, it's not only an "A" race...but one of my first races of the year.  I'm really getting ansy.  And watching my friends race at Mooseman in NH last weekend didn't help.  It made things worse.  I haven't really slept well the past few nights.  I'm not sure if it's nerves or what.  I have some specific goals for this race...but I'm going to keep those to myself until after.  I will be approaching this race very differently from past races, from a preparation and race standpoint....so it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.  I'll post some updates once we get down to Maryland.

Random thought of the day...okay...more of a venting than a thought...so I do most of my track work at track in Watertown, MA.  It's a decent track that doesn't seem to get much use by schools and teams....which is why I run there.  But, what kills me are the walkers who feel that they must walk in lanes one and two....side by side.  The sign at the track gate clearly states that walkers are to stay out of lane one...not to mention there's a thing called track etiquette.  So, when I do my workouts, I'm constantly squeezing by them....or going on the inside...and sometimes zigzagging through.  You'd think they'd get the picture...but no.  I guess that if they can't read the sign....then they're not going get a subtle hint!  But, I guess I can understand....they want to make sure they hit their 5 minute 400 splits:)  Please people...be considerate!

-P

2 comments:

  1. Hey, kill it at Eagleman and get things started with authority!!!

    Yes, you do have a shoe problem. Woah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much better w/my dress shoes:)

    ReplyDelete