June 12, 2010

On the Eastern Shore...

We arrived in MD yesterday.  The weather is beautiful right now....but they're calling for Tstorms and rain tomorrow.....but low 90 degree temps.  We'll see.  Everytime I come to this race, I'm just in awe of how beautiful the area is.  I mean....it has it's bad, financially stricken areas.  But, the water...and the wildlife preserve are just awesome.  I got out on my bike today...and things feel good.  My father-in-law help me construct (okay he constructed!) a new SRM mount on my bike.  I can now really see my numbers while riding.  I have a feeling I'm the only one racing with anything like this!  It's shaped so it fits into my aero drink bottle. I'll try to take pics at some point.  I also did a quick run.  Afterwards I chatted up w/Brian Shea of Personal Best Nutrition (a NJ guy) and young pro Andrew Yoder....who should be first off the bike tomorrow.  Funny story....back in 2005 I did a local NJ sprint in Hammonton.  I finished 3rd.  But, there was this young 14 or 15 year old kid nipping at my heels.  I was like, who is this kid.....thinking there's no way he should be on my butt like this.  It was Yoder.  Now I don't feel so bad...since this kid has been tangling w/the likes of Potts, Macca, Reed, Bennett, to name a few.  Anyway, at this point, I'm not really sure how I feel.  Not much I can do about it now anyway.  My warmup w/outs are done.  My huge Denny's Grand Slam breakfast is sitting in my stomach....all that's left to do today is kick back and rest up.  Routine, routine, rountine....

No comments:

Post a Comment