June 14, 2010

Reflecting on Eagleman

Okay, I've had a day (and a very long drive) to reflect on my race at Eagleman.  I've had some mixed emotions over it.  To some extent, I've beat myself up over what I consider a subpar performance.  But, in looking back at it, it wasn't terrible.  Yes, I would have liked to have done better.  But, 4:31 on that course with those conditions....and a swim that was approximately 5-7 minutes slow, isn't really that bad.  Don't get me wrong....I'm not one bit happy with it.  But, it's not like I didn't compete.  If anything, it showed me some new strengths....and exposed some weaknesses (which I plan to shore up in the next month).  I will say this about it though....that was one of my more painful races I've ever done.  I was in a world of hurt on the run....and I'm paying for it today.

So, what's next?  Lake Placid.  I definitely have some work to do before that race.  No rest for the weary!  Here are some pics from Eagleman (first two are from the Hyatt...and as you can see, the area is just beautiful):




M35-39 Swim Coral
Onto the bike (you can see me fumbling w/my helmet!)

Flo heading out on the run

Coming into T2

Coming in to the finish

No comments:

Post a Comment